Massmart Internship/Graduate Development Programme 2016
Location: KwaZulu Natal
Massmart invites applications for its 2016 Graduate Development Programme. As part of the selection process successful graduates will be based in KwaZulu Natal, and the programme is ideally suited for energetic, motivated and self-driven individuals.
Founded in 1990 and listed on the JSE Limited, Massmart is a South African-based globally competitive regional management group, invested in a portfolio of differentiated, complementary, focused wholesale and retail formats. The Group’s brands consist of: Game, Dion Wired, Makro, Builders Warehouse, Builders Express, Builders Trade Depot, CBW, Jumbo Cash and Carry, Cambridge Food and the Shield buying group.
To successfully complete the Massmart Graduate Development Programme (theoretical and practical) in accordance with the set Programme standards.
- To demonstrate understanding of key retail theoretical concepts and their application in real-life business contexts.
- To ensure participation in and completion of all individual and group assignments in line with the required Programme standards.
- To successfully execute on-the-job training in line with specific role requirements and divisional line manager’s expectations.
- To ensure understanding of and adherence to all company policies and procedures in the execution of Programme learning activities.
- To effectively take part in the mentorship and buddy programmes to ensure continuous learning and acquisition of meaningful work experience.
- To ensure appropriate use and tenure of all company assets (laptop, 3G card, etc.) to avoid unnecessary expenditure.
- To participate in the annual Massmart Customer Survey to assist the Company in future planning processes.
- Higher Grade Matric Maths
- Completion of or working towards completion of 3rd year finance module in your degree and or
- Completion of or working towards completion of 3rd year Economics Module
- Tertiary degree: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Finance, Bachelor of Economics etc
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za