Amahlathi Local Municipality invites unemployed graduates to apply for Finance Management Graduate / Internship Programme for 2021.
Internship Application deadline is 26 February 2021.
Internship Location: Eastern Cape
NOTICE NO 04/ 2021
The Amahiathi Municipality, encompassing towns of Stutterheim, Cathcart, Keiskammahoek, Kei Road and a number of surrounding rural areas, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position as detailed below.
POSITION: 3 X FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERNS
(Contract position for a period not exceeding 2 years)
- National Diploma or Degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least a final major in Financial Management, Management Accounting, Local Government Finance, Financial Accounting and Financial Information Systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have Financial Information Systems as a major.
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Be computer literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- It will be required of the successful applicant to follow an internship training programme commit him/herself to full participation in the educational and workplace assignments.
- To implement the programme fully Interns are required to work in different sections within the department.
- Key Performance Areas
- Assist in implementing Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GRAP) and various budget and financial reporting reforms.
- Assist in general financial management responsibilities.
- AMAHLATHI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY “Together for Prosperity”
- Assist with reconciliations and financial analysis. • Assist in development of financial reports as per MFMA which include statistical analysis
- Be placed in various sections within the department.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Department.
An all- inclusive package of R80 000 per annum and no benefits or allowance will be payable. Further enquiries regarding the position are available from the Human Resources Department on 043 492 1261/1268 during office hours. Contact person Mrs Bangisa Mbelwana or Ms Thandie Ndlamhlaba with whom applications and CV’s must be lodged.
How to apply
Download and Complete the Application Form
Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.qov.za the covering letter and the detailed CV’s must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted to: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim, or post applications to Private Bag X 4002 STUTTERHEIM 4930.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021 at 15h30 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date. You may regard your application as unsuccessful. It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right that appoint in this position
Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved employment equity plan, person from the previously disadvantage groups will be given preference The municipality reserves a right not to appoint.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom