Anglo American Engineering Learnership 2016
The Anglo American Platinum Operations are based in pleasant and attractive surroundings: Mogalakwena, and Amandelbult
10 x vacancies (Amandelbult)
18 x vacancies (Mogalakwena)
Please note – specify the geographical area you are applying for.
EXTERNAL LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINES: ELECTRICIAN; AUTO ELECTRICIANS; RIGGER ROPESMAN; PLATER WELDER / BOILERMAKER; DIESEL MECHANIC; EARTH MOVING MECHANIC; MILLWRIGHT; MEASUREMENT CONTROL and INSTRUMENTATION; FITTER INCLUDING MACHINING.
You will need:
1. Primary Job Purpose
- The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification as a qualified Artisan.
- Perform as per AAP role description
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- Matric with Mathematics and English minimum 40% pass (Physical Science added advantage)
- N2 with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage)
- NCV Level – 3 In appropriate trade
- Trade Test Requirements
- A minimum of an N2 certificate with the four applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory)
- Diesel Mechanic / Earth Moving mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
- Plater / Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
- Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
- Auto Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Motor Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Millwright (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Fitting trade theory, engineering technical drawing; Industrial Electronics) –This is a 4 year qualification
- The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying
- Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend one full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 for the trade.
- Learnership Conditions
- Adhere to Learnership agreement.
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness
- Selection of candidates will be based upon the Anglo Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
- Additional Information
- Interested candidates are invited to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) including certified copies of ID and highest qualification certificates to the recruitment Officer at any of the Mines listed above.(Shadow of the Head Gear)
- Certified copies of original certificates must be provided on day of the interview.
- Applicants should state in their application their geographical preference and applicants must reside geographically in the surrounding areas.
- NB: NO ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
- Successful applicants will be informed and invited to complete the necessary assessments and interview
- Anglo Platinum shall apply the Company’s employment equity policy, preference will be given to children/family of Anglo American Platinum Employees.
Closing Date: 28 December 2015 at 16:30
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom