City of Cape Town Municipality invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for financial year 2019 / 2020 in Cape Town. Every year, the City offers financial support to help students cover the costs for registration, examinations and class fees. If you would like to apply, you can follow the steps below.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 19 September 2019
Bursary Provider: City of Cape Town Municipality
Field of studies
Your degree must be in the field predetermined and advertised by the City as being a scarce skill. Disciplines falling within the scare skills list:
- BCom Management Accounting
- BCom Accounting
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Qualifications (CIMA)
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Fleet Management Nursing (Medical Specialist)
- Industrial Engineering
- B Degree in Library and Information Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Science
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Industrial Engineering
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Sustainable Energy Engineering
- B Business Science, Information & Systems Technology
When applying for a bursary, please note the following important
- External financial bursaries are only open to residents of South Africa, who live within the Cape Metropolitan Area.
- Prospective applicants must not be in possession of any other form of financial assistance (e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme).
- You must be completing Grade 12 and be registered to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at either Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), the University of Cape Town (UCT), the University of the Western Cape (UWC) or Stellenbosch University.
- Submitted applications will not be acknowledged in writing and copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
Please use the following guide when applying.
- Bellville Walk-in Centre
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre
- Cape Town Walk-in Centre
- Parow Municipal Building
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre
- Strand Walk-in Centre
Step 2: Once you have completed the form, you can submit it
along with all the supporting documentation to any of the Walk-in Centres listed above.
Step 3: If your application
is successful, you will be contacted by the City. If you have not received a
response by 28 November 2019, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
How to Apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za