Last updated on June 18th, 2020 at 05:01 pm
City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality / EMPD invites unemployed youth to apply for Trainee Constable Learnership Programme 2020 / 2021
Learnership Application Closing Date: 18 February 2020
Learnership Location: Ekurhuleni
Learnership Provider: City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality / EMPD
- Physical fitness
- Driver evaluation
- Psychometric assessment (If Required)
- Medical assessment
- Complete an English proficiency pre-requisite test (If Required)
- Fingerprints and qualifications will be verified.
- Trainees will be subjected to the terms of the training contract; Trainees undergo training in the following aspects:
- National Road Traffic Act & Regulations, Legal Subjects, SAPS Act, By-laws, Domestic Violence Act, Social Crime Prevention Act, Firearm Training, etc.,
- Must be willing to undergo intense training including after hours.
- PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT IS NOT GUARENTEED AFTER COMPLETION OF LEARNERSHIP.
- Be in possession of a legitimate RSA identity document (Certified copy to be attached)
- Be in possession of a legitimate Senior Certificate /Grade 12 (Certified copy to be attached)
- Valid driver’s license – at least a Code B (manual transmission) (cards not expired) (Certified copy to be attached)
- Have no criminal record or illicit activity recorded
- Have not been declared incompetent to possess a firearm in terms of Sect 102, 103 or 104 of the Firearms Control Act 60/2000
- Be Proficient in English
- Be healthy, physically fit and of a stable mental condition (Attach an original medical certificate as proof, stating medical fitness to undergo physical training)
- Must be younger than 35 years of age on 1 July 2020
- Be a South African Citizen, residing in the municipal area of the City of Ekurhuleni (Attach proof of residence and affidavit to confirm address if the surname differs from the registered owner)
How to apply
Applications will not be considered if the necessary required qualifications and documents are not attached to the online application.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within eight weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za