Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites candidates to apply for Administrative Assistant Internships programmme for academic year 2018 / 2019.
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Internship Provider: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
About the job:
The CSIR has Internship opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in the Light Metals unit. The internship programme is designed to give graduates relevant practical experience in the various fields of administration. This position is based in Pretoria.
Candidate will be involved in the execution of administration in the Light Metals Competence Area. This exposure will include, amongst others, the following:
- Document Preparation:
- Assistance in preparing various documents accurately, timeously and in accordance with the specific needs required for the document;
- Copy-type & draft documents (letters, emails, and minutes) and perform data capturing under clear direction from Competence Area Manager (CAM) or Competence Area (CA) Administrative Officer.
- Provide assistance with:
- Monitor relevant document management systems;
- Minute taking; draft agendas for meetings and distribute minutes for meetings;
- Support Competence area with general communication under clear direction from CAM or CA Administration Officer;
- Perform general secretarial services to the needs of the manager and competence area;
- Support Competence area with general communication under clear direction from CAM or CA Administration Officer.
- Documents filling;
- Schedule meetings and ensure that all relevant documentation is distributed.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National diploma in Office Administration/ Management Assistant with an interest in conducting administrative work;
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft packages;
- Must be fluent in English;
- The following skills and abilities are essential:
- Excellent people skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Numerical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Be an enthusiastic and a self-motivated individual,;
- Ability to take ownership of certain tasks and take initiative;
- The ability to make decisions;
- Ability to work well under pressure as well as to work as part of a team.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za