Last updated on March 20th, 2020 at 02:36 pm
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites candidates to apply for Library and Information Science Internship Programmme for 2020.
Internship Application Closing Date: 15 January 2020
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Internship Provider: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
The CSIR has two Internship opportunities for Library and Information Science in the Records Management and Archival Services Stream. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in the library and information services field within a research and development environment. These positions are based in Pretoria.
Under supervision the Intern will be required to:
- Index archival research and corporate records;
- Conduct shelving and categorising of the archival records;
- Conduct collection audits and disposal of archival materials;
- Fulfil general Records Management and Archival duties (maintain the Archive – cleanliness of the Archive, check climate and gas control systems, shelving, digitisation);
- Assist clients with archives requests under the guidance of the Archives technicians;
- Participate in the special projects to keep abreast of trends;
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in library/ information science;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Customer service attitude;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel ;
- Attention to detail;
- Team player;
- Goal oriented and deadline driven;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
How to apply
Apply online for CSIR Library and Information Science Internships via: https://candidate.csir.co.za
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za