Last updated on March 15th, 2017 at 08:03 am
CSIR Mining & Geotechnical Engineering Internships in Johannesburg
The CSIR has five Internship opportunities in the Mining and Mineral Resources Competency Area within Natural Resources and the Environment Unit. The incumbents will assist in the duties mining and geotechnical engineering pertaining to activities associated with modernisation of current mining, development of future mechanisation requirements and ultimately developing a non -explosive rock breaking capability .The work forms part of the South African Mining Extraction Research, Development and Integration (SAMERDI) Strategy as well as the outcomes of the Mining Phakisa. These positions are based in Johannesburg and the intern is for 12 months.
Internship Application deadline is 31 March 2017
Internship Provider: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Internship Location : Johannesburg
- A bachelor’s degree in Geophysics or Mining Engineering;
- Experience or previous work in rock engineering would be an advantage;
- Practical working experience in mining would be an advantage;
- Good organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Literature review of previous research done locally and internationally in the three areas mentioned above;
- Undertake time & motion studies on technologies related to the above three areas at various mine sites;
- Engage with Original Equipment Management on technologies related to the above three areas at various mine sites;
- Report on processes and results;
- Attend and present on results where required;
- Perform general administrative tasks as required by project leaders.
How to Apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za