Department of Mineral Resources and Energy invites students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 December 2020
The bursary is targeting eligible South African female scholars from disadvantaged social backgrounds currently doing or have completed grade 12.
The recipients should be studying towards mining related fields preferably in the following disciplines:
- Chemical engineering (mineral processing)
- Electrical engineering (heavy current)
- Electro-Mechanical engineering
- Environmental health and management
- Industrial engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical engineering (extractive)
- Mining engineering
- Mining survey
- Rock engineering
These bursaries are aimed at enhancing transformation of the mining & minerals sector.
- Bursaries are available to South African Citizens that are financially needy and deserving applicants from rural areas as they are faced with limited access to opportunities.
- The bursary is only available to applicants who want to pursue their studies at a South African University or University of Technology.
Please note that the bursary is for full time studies only and bursary agreements will only be entered into with successful applicants for the 2021 academic year who will register for full time studies. It will be required of successful applicants to provide confirmation of being unemployed at the time of signing the bursary agreement.
How to apply
Ensure that the form is completed in full by using block letters and mark appropriate boxes with an X.
Please attach certified copies of documents as per the checklist.
Please complete section C fully as motivation for a bursary and attack any supporting documentation.
Submit application form with attachments to:
The Director: Ms Nondumiso Zulu
The Department of Mineral Resources & Energy Trevenna Campus
70 Meintjies Street
Private Bag X59
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom