Last updated on January 6th, 2021 at 08:08 am
The Funza Lushaka invites students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Applications for The Funza Lushaka Bursary are open for 2021 funding so apply now. All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession.
Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified areas of priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any academically gifted, young –
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enrol for a PGCE);
- people who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people who want to become teachers.
Prospective bursars must first gain admission at a higher education institution (HEI). The Financial Aid Office and/or the Faculty/School of Education at the HEI will have information on how to apply for the bursary.
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an at an accredited public University.
- The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
- young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity.
What programmes will be funded?
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Distance education and part-time students are eligible for a bursary provided they are eligible in all other respects.
Expenses covered may include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value. Where the HEI charges more than the capped value the bursars will have to top up from own funds.
How to apply
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za(link is external)
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom