Department of Tourism in partnership with AGB Finance (Pty) Ltd invites applications from interested and suitably qualifying candidates to be part of the Hospitality Youth Training (Fast FoodServices) Learnership Programme 2020 in the Free State Province.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 28th February 2020, 16:00PM
Learnership Location: Free State
Learnership Provider: Department of Tourism / AGB Finance
The programme seeks to train 250 unemployed youth in National Certificate: Fast Food Services (NQF Level 3) Learnership over a period of 12 months. Thisprogramme has been developed for the fast food and restaurant within the hospitality industry.
NB: Only applications from South African Citizens from the Free State Provincewill be considered(candidates are also encouraged to only apply to municipalities within their residential areas, and will be expected to sign a twelve-month (12) contract with AGB Finance Pty Ltd). The programme will run as follows; first threemonths Theory training and thereafter 9months of Practical Training for the duration of the programme.
Candidates are required to bring along a Proof of Residence obtained from their local Ward Councillor. NB: Participants will be deployed within their local municipality i.e. where they have residence. The programme isgoing to be implemented for a period of twelve (12) months and the participants must come from the following Districts:
Manguang Metro District Municipality
- Manguang Metro (Ref: FFO1 )
Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality
- Dihlabeng Bethlehem (Ref: FFO2 )
- Maluti-A-Phofung (Ref: FFO3 )
- Maluti-A-Phofung (Ref: FFO4 )
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM CRITERIA.
- South African Citizen
- Unemployed Youth, ages between 18-35 years (Is below the age of 21,consent from parent or guardian is required)
- Grade twelve (Matric) qualification, fluency in English. Matric subjects related to travel, tourism and hospitality will be an added-advantage.
- Must reside within the respective Local Municipality (Proof required).
- Close proximity to training venue and allocated host employer (within 20km radius, accessible with public transport
- Have a passion or interest for Hospitality(Food)
- Persons retrenched from the tourism /hospitality industry and presently unemployed (at least for a year),
- Priority should be given to beneficiaries who have not participated in any EPWP/ Department of Tourism funded projects in the last two years.
- Not more than one participant per household
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed Hospitality Youth Training (Fast Food Service) Application Form obtainable (download here) from the participating District Municipal office, Tourism Office and organisations that are listed above together with detailed CV with contacts, certified copies of qualifications, Proof of Residence and identity document(not older than three months).
Candidate applicants are requested to CLEARLY state the reference number of the placement they are applying for and area. Submit your application to:Your nearest Local Municipality at the Local Economic Development Department/Unit: Local Municipal Office and Tourism Office.
Correspondence will be limited ONLY to short-listed candidates and should you not receive any communication within 30 days of the closing date kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
For enquiries, please contact:Ms Ntokozo Luthulion tel. (031) 764 1610/ Ms Kamo Thole 067 759 1015
No faxed or emailed applications will be considered
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za