Doctors without Borders (MSF) invites applications for a Finance Internship Programme for 2020.
Internship Application deadline is 6 July 2020
Internship Provider: Doctors without Borders (MSF)
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Under the guidance of the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant, the Finance Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to provide finance and administrative support that ensures high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. She or He will also have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with the Finance team to learn, exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Provide administrative and finance support and assistance with the following:-
- Checking invoices and preparation of the payments requisitions
- Capturing daily petty cash transactions on the Petty cash schedule – Finance assistant to review then updated by finance officer-
- Weekly, monthly and annual filing of financial data
- Creation of new finance files
- Ensuring all debit notes are copied, filed and signed
- Assistance in the review supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Support in assets management in the MSF Southern Africa office and for the periodic inventory exercises
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Perform any other related tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Be a student majoring in accounting/finance
How to apply
Click here to apply online for Doctors without Borders (MSF): Finance Internship 2020
Note: should you not received a response within 2 weeks, please note that your application was unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za