IG Group invites candidates to apply for Sales Trader Trainee / Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: Unspecified
Internship Location: Johannesburg
Internship Provider: IG Group
As a Trainee Sales Trader your role will be to help deliver world-class and industry-leading support to our client base. We’re looking for people with a passion for providing excellent service and who have an interest in learning more about financial markets. This entry-level role is ideal for recent graduates with strong interpersonal skills seeking work in a fast-paced, challenging, and team-focused environment.
- Providing front line support to our clients across phone, email, webchat, and social media
- Answering queries from our client base on all of our products and platforms
- Providing an execution-only phone dealing service (following relevant training and support)
- Resolving trade disputes
- Providing clients with technical support with our front-end platforms and chart packages
- Proactively conversing with our clients about financial markets and our latest innovations
- Conducting audit checks and client administration tasks
In doing so you’ll benefit from exposure to a vibrant, commercially driven environment, with development opportunities encompassing everything from client reactivation and retention, premium client service, and dealing roles.
Key Qualification Requirements:
You don’t need a background in finance to apply although this is desirable. We’ll provide on-the-job training and support to help ensure you quickly pick up the necessary knowledge and understanding.
What you will need is a genuine interest in working in financial markets, along with motivation levels as impressive as your aptitude for numbers and attention to detail – plus:
- A degree-level education (or similar experience)
- English at a native level (verbal and written)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A logical and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Confident to employ basic maths skills, particularly mental arithmetic. Strong organizational and time management skills
- Literacy in MS Office
- Desirable: Experience of working within a financial environment
A Sales background, good working knowledge of any additional European language, Chinese or Arabic would all be a distinct advantage.
How to apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za