Last updated on December 23rd, 2020 at 06:21 am
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) invites students to apply for Aeronautical Bursary Programme 2021.
Bursary Application Closing date is 28 February 2021
One of the principles of the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Govemment is to develop a globally competitive Durban Aerotropolis initiative centered around King Shaka International Airport. As part of this, the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) has identified the need to empower KwaZulu-Natal citizens to participate in the aviation sector and the aerotropolis industry in general. Against this backdrop, each year KZN EDTEA offers six (6) bursaries to KwaZulu-Natal Grade 12 learners from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue studies in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering with the University of Pretoria or Wits University for the year 2021 academic year.
- KwaZulu-Natal Residents and South African citizens;
- The applicant must be from a disadvantaged background and preferably from rural areas;
- The student must be accepted by the University of Pretoria or Wits University to study in the Aeronautical Engineering programme; and
- Only selected candidates within the 15-34 years age cohort will be accepted.
- A brief motivation will be required explaining why the bursary is required;
- Completed bursary application form’s (obtainable from www.kznedtea.gov.za)
- Proof of residence in KwaZulu-Natal (e.g. Statement of Water, lights, Rates);
- Parents/Guardian Certified copy of Identity Card;
- Grade 11 end of year and Grade 12 reports;
- Applicant’s are expected to forward their acceptance letters upon receiving them from the University of Pretoria or Wits university; and
- Parents or Guardians proof of Income documentation (Salary payslips, bank statements, etc.) or a letter from the Department of Labour or an affidavit from parent’s stating that they are unemployed.
- Covers tuition fees, residential, prescribed books, food and allowance.
- The bursary is renewable every year depending on the academic performance of the student.
- Closing date for submission of applications is strictly on the 28th February 2021 (No late applications will be accepted).
How to apply
Fully completed application forms must clearly state Aeronautical Engineering Bursary Programme.
POSTED AT THE ADDRESS BELOW: Attention: Aeronautical Engineering-Bursary Programme Ms C. Singh Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X 9152, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 OR
HAND DELIVERED TO: Attention: Aeronautical Engineering-Bursary Programme Ms C. Singh Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane Tel: 033 264 2635 / Cell: 076 928 0686 I Email: Mfanafuthi.Sikhakhane@kznedtea.gov.za
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom