Murray & Roberts invites applications to apply for a Artisan Learnership Programme 2020 / 2021.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 20 October 2020
Learnership Location: Carletonville, Gauteng
Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership Opportunities is for suitably qualified candidates to be based at Training Academy near Carletonville, Gauteng. The successful candidates will report to the ETD Officer (Engineering).
The successful candidate must be able to meet the following internal Company requirements:
- Must be medically fit for underground work
- Must not have a criminal record
- Must not be directly or indirectly employed or involved in any other business while employed by MR&C
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Carry out all occupationally related work for the employer required for the practical workplace experience activities specified in the learnership.
- Complying with the employer’s policies and procedures.
- Be available for, and participate in, all structured learning and practical workplace experience activities required by the learnership.
- Attend all theoretical learning sessions and practical learning activities with an approved training provider.
- Participate in any assessment activities that are required for the final assessment at the end of the learnership.
- Will attend the Artisan Learnership Program or work as per the specific working cycle of the respective site, which may include attending or working on Saturday’s.
- The learner will devote the whole of the leaner’s time, attention and ability to the training provided and shall obey all legitimate orders and instructions.
- Will be expected to be appropriately dressed, groomed and ready for work at the starting time of each leaner shift.
- Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Valid N2 Certificate which includes the following subjects:
- o Engineering Mathematics
- o Engineering Science
- o Engineering Drawing and/or Plating & Structural Steel
- Platers Trade theory
- Electrical Trade theory
- Engineering Drawing and/or Engineering Industrial (Electrical) and/or Plating & Structural Steel (Boilermaker)
- At least two (2) Engineering Trade theory subject matters (Electrical/Diesel Mechanical/Boilermaker/Fitter and Turner)
4. Fitter and Turner
- Fitting & Machining Trade theory
5. Diesel Mechanic
- Diesel or Motor Trade theory
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and
appropriate to the Learnership. Preference will be given to Historically
Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom