ProBono.Org invites applicants to apply for Legal Graduate / Internship Programme 2020.
Internship Application Closing Date: 20 July 2020
Internship Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Interviewing those seeking legal assistance or anyone acting on their behalf.
- Assessing matters in terms of the ProBono.Org criteria.
- Consulting with the ProBono.Org Staff Attorney on the best strategy for dealing with matters, such as direct assistance, litigation, mediation or another form of legal intervention.
- Preparing detailed briefs, memos and instructions for legal practitioners in matters that require pro bono legal assistance.
- Managing all matters from time of consultation until such matter is closed or referred to an attorney or advocate.
- Maintaining, building and enhancing strong relationships with NGOs, CBOs, CAOs, law clinics and other pro bono and public interest law initiatives.
- Writing reports on matters to be used as part of ProBono.Org’s reporting
and communication functions, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Attending workshops and seminars on behalf of ProBono.Org.
- Facilitating community and attorney workshops on behalf of ProBono.Org.
- Conducting research and handling other details in preparation of matters, where necessary.
- A demonstrable commitment to and interest in public interest law and
- Proactive attitude, with enthusiasm for ProBono.Org’s mission and vision.
- Proficiency in English and isiXhosa.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent drafting, writing and editing skills.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Valid driver’s licence and driving experience preferred (not required); and
- Currently based in Cape Town.
- Preferred qualifications and experience:
- An appropriate law qualification, (LLB) with some practical experience.
- Knowledge of SA’s socio-economic environment and how it impacts on legal justice.
How to apply
To apply, kindly email a motivational letter and your CV with certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts to [email protected].
NB: Applications which do not comply with the above will not be considered.
ProBono.Org is a dynamic NGO that works with the private legal profession to provide pro bono legal services to the poor and contributes to ensuring that the unmet access to justice needs of impoverished people living in South Africa are met. They work to bring the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za