Last updated on July 3rd, 2022 at 05:44 pm
Robben Island Museum (RIM) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 14 July 2022
The bursary will cover Postgraduate studies in fields related to Museums and Heritage studies, Social Science, History, Oral History, Heritage, as well as related disciplines.
RIM offers an Internship and Bursary Programme as a way to ensure access to and the conservation of the layered heritage of Robben Island (RI).
The partial bursary will be awarded to the value of R35 000 per student, to be used towards tuition fees and if necessary, books and academic resources.
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in and assist in various RIM programmes, as well as do an Internship and Research programme at RIM Public Heritage Education Department (RIM PHED).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by 14 August 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your bursary application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have applied to study towards a Postgraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must have applied to study at a recognised and accredited University in South Africa, for the 2022 academic year
How to apply
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Tertiary qualifications (certified copy)
- Transcripts of results (certified copy)
- Proof of university registration for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Full Curriculum Vitae (including the following: your contact details, references names and contact details)
- Motivational letter indicating why you should be awarded the bursary and internship
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom