SAB invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Instrumentation Apprenticeship Programme 2023 / 2024
Apprenticeship Application Closing Date: 08 November 2023
Apprenticeship Location: SAB Alrode Brewery and SAB Polokwane Brewery
South African Breweries (SAB)/ABInBev is currently recruiting for their Instrumentation Apprenticeship Programme for the year 2024.
About SAB/ABInBev: SAB is one of South Africa’s admired companies and corporate brands. They have 7 breweries and 42 depots in South Africa and a total workforce of approximately 5000, supporting over 250,000 jobs in the beer economy. SAB’s portfolio of beer brands includes leading brands such as Castle Lager, Carling Black Label, Corona, Brutal Fruit, and Flying Fish.
Job Purpose: The key purpose of this role is to train the incumbent as a qualified tradesman and gain knowledge and experience as an artisan in the chosen trade.
Responsibilities: Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Completing the 2–4-year apprentice programme as per company/SETA requirements.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Compliance with all safety, health, and environmental procedures and legislation.
- Locating plant, equipment, spares, and relevant documentation/systems.
- Evaluating and repairing breakdowns and maintenance.
- Continuously improving (optimizing) plant, process equipment, and systems.
- Developing machine-specific technical competence.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science
- Minimum National Technical certificate (N4) for external and (N3) for internal candidates to complete a program in the various Trades: – Instrumentation
- Higher qualification in the relevant engineering discipline (N5/N6 would be advantageous).
- Engineering Aptitude (Desirable but Not Essential)
- Owner Mindset (Primary challenges)
- Ability to work effectively in teams (team player) and independently
- Self-driven/motivated and action-orientated
- Mental alertness, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Coaching ability
- Problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Conceptual skills
- Desire to grow competence and capability
- Physically fit, good vision, and must not be color blind
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g., ability to do shift work, overtime)
- Willing to attend periods of training in Johannesburg
How to Apply:
SAB/ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with SAB/ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
For more details and to apply, click on your preferred job location below:
- APPRENTICESHIP (Instrumentation) – Alrode Brewery
- APPRENTICESHIP – Instrumentation – Polokwane Brewery
Don’t forget to apply before the closing date to be considered for this opportunity.