SANRAL invites suitably candidates to apply for Civil Engineering Bursary Programme for 2020 in South Africa.
Bursary Application OPENS 1 JUNE 2020 AND CLOSES 30 SEPTEMBER 2020
Bursary Provider: SANRAL
Bursary Location: South Africa
This opportunity is for students who wish to study towards a university degree in BEng / BSc Civil Engineering. Consideration will be given to needy students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate study or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from matriculants with at least 70% for mathematics and science students studying towards the above Engineering fields, and registered with a University will also be considered. SANRAL is committed to developing skills of students who express an interest in studying and building a career within the Civil Engineering industry.
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of recent academic record, confirmation of registration
- Certified copy of South African Identification Document
- South African Citizenship
- Motivational letter
- Parents’ or guardian’s certified copy of Identification Document
- Parents’ or guardian’s proof of income
- Books/Equipment plus compulsory excursion and seminars
- Living Allowance
INDUCTION PROGRAMME FOR NEW BURSARY STUDENTS
We will invite all new students awarded bursaries for an induction session to brief them about SANRAL’s activities. We also develop the buddy system with students where we develop relationships with them and the Project Manager who will assist them with information required for their academic projects.
Consideration will be given to needy South African students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from first year students studying towards the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering and registered with a university will be considered.
Bursary applicants will not be considered if they fail any subject in the current academic year. If in Grade 12 applicants should achieve the minimum of 70% in both mathematics and physical science and minimum of 70% for English.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other bursary or financial assistance from any institution
- Applicants must be registered or about to register at a recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Academic proficiency as proven by latest academic report
- Financial circumstances (Means test)
- Field of study
- Behavioural competencies
- Representation (female, rural, disabled and race)
- Validation of ID and qualification
How to Apply
Download Application Form and Forward all the required documents mentioned to:
Bursaries: Ms. H.A Harper/ Ms R Erasmus, 1 Havenga Street, Oakdale, Bellville, 7530
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If an applicant has not been contacted by 31 January, it should be accepted that his/her application was unsuccessful.
Successful candidates and their parent/s or guardian/s will be expected to sign the bursary agreement before making any payments for the bursary awarded
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za