Tronox Mineral Sands invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 / 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 22 April 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate Degree studies (B Eng/ BSc/ B Tech) within these fields:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Survey (Underground)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book fees, allowance for residence fees and allowance for meals.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in practical work as prescribed by the institution of study, as well as receive exciting career prospects.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 4 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have recently matriculated or be in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of Level 6 for Mathematics and Science, and Level 5 for English in Matric (if not yet studying)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in your most recent studies (if currently studying)
- Preference will be given to students from the Saldanha and Matzikama municipal areas
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Covering letter stating the discipline you are applying for
- Curriculum Vitae
- Matric final results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- 2021 final year results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Mabel.Terblanche@Tronox.com
(Insert the words “Tronox Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE TRONOX BURSARY
- Students may only apply for 1 discipline/ field of study.
- Applicants must abide by the minimum entry requirements as prescribed by their university.
- Applicants will go through a selection process which includes psychometric assessments, background screening and medical examinations.
- After graduation, bursary recipients will be placed at any of Tronox Business Unit Operations.
- Tronox will select candidates in line with the Employment Equity Policy.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom