Last updated on September 14th, 2021 at 12:04 pm
Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) invites applicants to apply for Apprenticeship Programme 2021 / 2022.
Apprenticeship Closing Date: 25 September 2021
Apprenticeship Location: South Africa
A. MISA APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME (REF NO: APP INTERN 01/2021)
The Apprenticeship Programme is a three-year Learnership Programme aimed at facilitating training of successful learners to become Artisans. Whilst the programme is not exclusively limited to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities, MISA encourages historically disadvantaged individuals to apply. The MISA Apprenticeship Programme is a structured learnership focusing on youth from FETs and various accredited training institutions, who possess relevant qualifications for the advertised trades. Successful candidates shall undergo on-the-job and off-the-job training in route to qualifying as Artisans. The recruitment is targeting a cohort that shall start in the 2021/2022 financial year, in particular Learners who are from the identified municipal areas. The list of municipal areas is as per the advert and available in the MISA / COGTA website. Successful candidates will enter into three-year learnership contracts as determined by the requirements of the specific trades. The Learners will enter into a contract with MISA and be placed with the identified municipalities for the duration of the learnership.
(This programme offers opportunities to unemployed youth, with interest and relevant qualifications in the following trades):
REQUIRED TRADES: (Plumbing, Bricklaying, Electrical, Diesel Mechanic and Motor Mechanic trades).
The table below contains further details about the MISA Apprenticeship Programme
• Electrical: (REF NO: 09/2021/01)
• Plumbing: (REF NO: 09/2021/02)
• Bricklaying: (REF NO: 09/2021/03)
• Motor mechanic: (REF NO: 09/2021/04)
• Engineering Science or full N2 Engineering (four subjects) with the relevant trade theory, i.e. Engineering Science: Industrial Electronics, Mathematics and the fourth subject relevant for the required trade.
• Technical trade theory programs quality assured by a SETA deemed equivalent to NQF Level 3
• Relevant Engineering NC(V) Certificate with seven subjects at NOE level 3;or Technical Grade 11 with Maths, Science, language and related theory subject; or
• Relevant( directly related to the theory to the trade theory subjects)N6 certificate or National Technical Diploma (T,S and N stream)
TRADE NAME: Diesel mechanic: (REF 140:09/2019/05)
• Technical Grade 12 with Maths OR
• Engineering Science or full N2 Engineering (four subjects) with the relevant trade theory, i.e. Engineering Science; Industrial Electronics, Mathematics and Motor Mechanic Engineering (four subjects) with the relevant trade theory, i.e. Engineering Science; Industrial Electronics, Mathematics and Diesel/Motor Trade Theory Trade Theory OR
• N3 Engineering (four subjects) with the relevant trade theory, i.e. Engineering Science; Industrial Electronics, Mathematics and Diesel Mechanic Trade Theory.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on the MISA application form (please make sure that the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for is on the application form — meaning the reference number for the Trade as indicated in item A (Apprenticeship Programme) above. Please note that at required documents i.e. application form and list of targeted municipalities can be obtained on the following website/s (www.misa.gov.za / www.cogta.gov.za). Alternatively the application form can be requested via email at email@example.com
All applications need to include the following: • Reference number of the applied trade /position and the name of municipality as per the list • Curriculum vitae; • Certified copies of relevant qualifications; • Certified copy of the South African identity document; and • Proof of Residential address.
MISA reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from MISA in 90 days after the closing date, it must be presumed that your application was unsuccessful.
Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
1. Candidate will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications, employment, credit, criminal records, company ownership / directorship and reference checks.
2. Fax, post and hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
3. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
4. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately be disqualified.
5. Successful candidates will be subjected to a medical fitness test.
6. Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant.
Enquiries: Ms Bonisile Molefe (012) 848 5555 or Ms Nobuhle Latha (012) 848 5529 or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu (012) 848 5562
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom