The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) – a leading seabird conservation organisation, seeks to employ a Procurement and Logistics Intern to join their energetic and dedicated team in Table View, Cape Town.
The successful applicant will assist the Procurement and Inventory Officer to manage and control all stock and supplies, including sourcing, purchasing and receiving in a controlled and responsible manner, ensuring maximum savings and financial efficiency for the organisation. A monthly stipend of R2000.00 will be given to intern.
Internship application deadline is 08 March 2017.
Internship Provider: Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB)
Internship Location: Cape Town
- This position will be best suited to a Procurement & Stock Control student or recent graduate who seeks to gain practical experience.
Reporting to the Procurement & Inventory Officer, the Intern will be responsible for he following:
- Assist with sourcing stock and supplies, and arranging efficient delivery
- Placing stock orders
- Assist with regulating major suppliers and establishing a vendor master file
- Stock control:
- Ensure that all stock is duly received and accounted for
- Assist in maintaining stock control
- Assist with providing logistic support for all projects and operations at SANCCOB
- Assist with maintaining company vehicles and controlling usage
- Assisting with general administration and reception duties
- Assisting the finance team.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable proof of the following:
- Computer literacy with advanced Word and Excel skills
- Strong administration skills
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Please forward CV (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to [email protected], Attention Volunteer Coordinator.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za