UCT Centre for African Studies invites suitable candidates to apply for Jack Simons Bursary Programme 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 12 April 2021.
The Harry Oppenheimer Institute (HOI) for African Studies at the University of Cape Town is offering a scholarship aimed to help postgraduate students planning to undertake research in one of the many fields of African Studies.
In order to qualify for the scholarship, students are required to register as well as complete the postgraduate degree at the University of Cape Town. This bursary opportunity is for full-time registered students currently obtaining a postgraduate diploma or Honours degree in African Studies.
The value of the Scholarship is R20 000 and it will be awarded based on 3 main criteria: Academic Merit; UCT’s Equity Policy and Financial Need.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African Citizen with permanent residence
- Must be registered to undertake research in any field of African Studies
- Must be registered for full-time studies towards a Postgraduate Diploma or Honours Degree
- Must be registered to study at the e University of Cape Town
- In line with UCT’s Equity Policy, Black students are encouraged to apply as they are currently underrepresented in the postgraduate student body
How to apply
Download and complete the UCT Jack Simons Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- A complete and full Curriculum Vitae
- Details of any previous research and publications (titles, name of publisher, date and journal)
- Details of any other scholarship, bursary or grant you have applied for (name of organisation and amount applied for)
- Details of 2 referee who will support your application (full name, address and academic position)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Jack Simons Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom